Image editing with Photoshop
When you think of software, the first thing that comes to mind is images. Images are great for illustration, design, and creating visual effects. You can even use the images for advertising or marketing. But what about digital photos? On the Internet there are plenty of images to choose from. If you’re looking for a new way to edit images, consider this list of free image editors:
How to use a photo editor
A photo editor is a program that allows you to create and edit digital photos. There are many different photo editing programs on the market, and they can often be confusing. Whether you’re looking for an app that can compare high-res photos to low-res stock photos or a mobile app that can batch edit with an app, there are plenty of options on the market. A photo editor allows you to:
- Create and manage original photos
- Extract and upload your photo in a variety of different formats
- Set the color and brightness levels of your photos
- Set a timer for your photos so you can watch them unfold
- Create and export an unlimited number of photos
How to process multiple photos at the same time
When you’re looking for how to edit a single photo, you probably already have the urge to doodle. There are many image editors that can doodle multiple photos at the same time, but you’ll first need to convert the original photos to digital format and organize them into a visual format. So you probably have your candidate photos and need to convert them to print photos.
To quickly take multiple photos at the same time, use the DNG file format. DNG is similar to JPEG, unlike image editing tools that accept DNG as a supported format. To convert to DNG, you’ll first need to convert your original photos to DNG and then align them with a vertical opposite of the horizontal lines on the printed photo. You can then continue with the printing to DNG process.
What are the advantages of using a photo editor?
Using a photo editor has some advantages:
- Each photo is unique. You will not be able to duplicate the same images in another photo editing application.
- Each photo can have its own theme and background. You can create an image that looks like a poster, advertisement, or wall banner.
- The photo can be modified before printing it. You can choose between a portrait of your national leader, or a landscape with spectacular rock formations.
- You can share the photos on social networks, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Disadvantages of using a photo editor
Using a photo editor has some disadvantages:
- Color detail and saturation will beat from the original photos. The color and saturation you choose for each photo will depend on your computer’s hardware.
- Original photos will look better with a variety of lights and other effects added. But for a more traditional look, you probably don’t want any lighting.
- You can only save photos as TIFF, JPEG and PDF. There aren’t many photo editing apps that support TIFF or PDF formats.
- You cannot edit the original photo before printing it. You will need to take the photo to a photo shop to have it printed for you.
Final words: Do you need a photo editor?
As the saying goes, the more you use it, the more you’ll like it. So if you are new to photo editing, or just starting out, you can try some of these free programs. Once you’ve tried one, you’ll want to try them all. Get ready to add tons of fun and creative effects to your photos.